A HAT that she would wear, for sun and for rain. A hat with a hoodless poncho gives more freedom of movement and a wider field of vision.

A CELLPHONE, if she doesn't carry one already. If she's got one, a extra recharged battery. If she doesn't have one, get one of those cheap $20 TracPhones and the cheapest card. Keep the instructions with the phone.

If she might actually have to build a fire for some reason, some Coughlan's FIRESTARTER STICKS -- cut the top off and leave in the wrapper, put in a small ziplock bag.

At least one extra pair of good SOCKS.

Medic-Alert TAG if she needs one and doesn't already have one.

A warm blanket in case she has to stay with the car overnight. If the car won't run, she can't run the heater.

Pair of RUBBER GLOVES for handling wet or dirty or yucky stuff.

If there is any chance she would use them, common FLUIDS FOR THE CAR: oil, transmission fluid, 50/50 mix of coolant & water. If she's not really used to them, but might use them if she had to, tie on some laminated hang-tags with large-print typed instructions: what it's for, how & where to add it, a cheap plastic funnel in a bright color (in a ziplock bag, to which it could be returned) tips like letting the engine cool or warnings not to do something.

Maybe even an 8x11" LAMINATED CARD with very basic what-to-do automotive info on it: low oil light on, white smoke of transmission leak, overheated radiator, how to change a flat tire (a floor jack is far easier to use than a hydraulic jack), how to jump-start the car if someone stops who doesn't know how to do it, either. Very basic, very simple. I would type it in black on bright yellow cardstock (large print for poor light) & pay $2 to have it laminated. Use both sides.

For use around the car: one of those LANTERN FLASHLIGHTS, with the 4" wide reflector and the big blocky battery. Putz around with the little flashlights all you want, but when I'm stuck in the dark on the road, I WANT LIGHT! They're dirt cheap at WM, about $6 with the battery, & the battery lasts quite a long time, and the light is strong and extremely visible from quite a distance.

Local MAPS.

Sue