Great question!

I keep a Leatherman Charge Ti clipped in my pocket 24/7. It is useful for something almost everyday. In a survival situation the saw is great! It works perfect with the ferro rod I pulled out of a Strike Force, I also keep in my pocket 24/7. The saw and knife will make most any survival items I need. The other tools are also valuable. If you see a group of Boy Scout leaders you might notice that most of them have a flashlight and a multi-tool on their belt. Most favor the Leatherman Wave.

The next most valuable knife I have is a Cold Steel Master Hunter, in Carbon V, in my Camelbak. It is comfortable for extended cutting. It is also strong enough to use for battening wood. I have the leather sheath for it. It sits on my belt in a comfortable position. I also have a Mora 510 that is very good!

Last and also very valuable is the Gerber Sportsman Saw. If you need to cut wood, the saw will work faster and with less effort than most anything. It is also very light.

I have the saw on one side, inside the pouch, of my Camelbak and the Master Hunter on the other side. It is a great combo: Charge Ti, Master Hunter and Sportsman Saw. I keep a Ragweed Forge, two sided diamond plate, to sharpen the knives in my Camelbak. As a side note; the Ragweed Forge Viking Stone is a great stone to finish the edge to make it paper cutting sharp.