Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6799 - 06/06/02 05:34 PM Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Trusbx in Singapore has seen both Seagull Japanese Picnic Boxes and Trangia Mess Tins for sale. He has generously offered to supply me with some tins once they are in stock.<br><br>I am willing to acquire a few extra boxes of each type and resell (at cost) to interested parties in the US. I am not certain of my ability to reship to international addresses….but let me know if interested and I will see what it takes.<br><br>I would like to get some idea of how many people would be interested in acquiring these boxes. Please send me a PM stating the type of box and quantity you may be interested in.<br><br>Trusbx has seen 3 types of boxes. Check out these sites for information.<br><br>http://www.trangia.se/english/produkter/komplementframe.html<br>www.seagull-brand.com/023.htm<br><br>Seagull boxes come in 2 models, both stainless steel with locking clip lids.<br><br>Trusbx states, “one has a dessert dish (also stainless steel I presume, with a cover, Could make a good drink mug IMHO) and one with an internal divider. There is a shop here in Singapore that sells just the seagull brand lunch boxes you are looking for. They go for about S$13-15 (US $ 7-8). Unfortunately, they are out of stock till June.<br>I'm waiting to get my hands on them too.”<br><br>Trangia Mess Tins.<br><br> Trusbx has purchased an “aluminum mess tin with a snug fitting cover and a detachable handle. It's dimensions are 16cm x 9 x 6 cm. Its about the same size as the seagull brand metal lunch box and is probably more sturdy. The small mess tins cost about S$13 (US$7.20) , the large one is about S$15 (US$8.30). Shipping for the smaller tin is about S$8 for one small tin and S$12 for one large tin.”<br><br>Trusbx and I still have not worked out the actual cost per box. It will depend on the actual mailing and import duty costs and my mailing costs. Trusbx also is not in a position to be mailing loads of these boxes out. He estimates he could purchase and ship 20-30 boxes of each type. <br><br>So, if interested, assume a box that will probably cost between $12-20, please let me know via email. I will then make arrangements to verify final prices before ordering. <br><br>Again Thanks to Trusbx for his kind offer to locate and supply us with these hard to find items.<br><br>

#6800 - 06/06/02 06:44 PM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
Be careful dealing with Trusbx. He'll send you stuff and you will have to be difficult with him in trying to send him money!<br><br>Thanks for the tins, they're great!<br>Payment should be arriving shortly.

#6801 - 06/06/02 07:02 PM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Yeah, He has been great working with. He said you had acquired a Trangia mess kit via his connection, but left out the money transfer "issue". <br><br>It is great to have an international forum with "scouts" around the world locating equipment for us all.<br><br>Thanks Andy or is it AndyO on Thursday or AndyOO...I am already confused smile

#6802 - 06/06/02 07:42 PM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
billvann Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NE Illinois, USA (42:19:08N 08...
Actually, as long as there might be a shipment, do you know if he can get the food carriers at the top of the Seagull page too and foe approx. howmuch ? Not for a survival kit but for family car travel and/or picnics.

#6803 - 06/06/02 09:50 PM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Lets ask our expert International Shopper...<br><br>Trusbx have you seen these stainless food carriers? Details?<br><br>Thanks<br>

#6804 - 06/07/02 02:58 AM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
Bill,<br>Yes I have seen those. In fact, I have one of the three level carriers. It's a good container for picnics but these are neither air tight nor water tight. They are also heavier than the more popular tupperware containers. But the plus side is that you could rewarm food over an open fire/grill with these. :-)<br>They are pretty common out here in Asia and are commonly called 'Tinkat' (Malay, I think).<br><br>Lots of Singaporean families are too busy to cook and are too tired to eat out all the time, so some catering companies have this 'Tinkat Dinner' service where rice / one veg dish/ one meat dish and one soup are delivered to the doorstep in these food containers.<br>All in all pretty useful. Your local asian supermarket may sell these though. But if you can't locate these, I'll be more than glad to send one out for you...<br><br>

#6805 - 06/07/02 03:26 AM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Anonymous
Unregistered

might like one of the large ones

#6806 - 06/07/02 03:44 AM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Trusbx Offline
addict

You are most welcome.<br><br>

#6807 - 06/07/02 06:53 AM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
Trusbx Offline
addict

Bill,<br>For the food carriers, they range from S$9.90(US$5.40) for a small 2 level 12cm daimeter container (12x2) to S$49.90 (US$27) for the larger 18cm diameter 4 level one.(18x4)<br>There are other sizes in between. <br>For your info.<br><br>

#6808 - 06/07/02 12:59 PM Re: Picnic Boxes Do You Want One?
win Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Ref Seagull, please tell me if they are water tight for these models:<br>352-0-16 Lunch Box 16 cm. <br>352-0-17 Lunch Box 17 cm. <br>Many thanks<br>Oliver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 574 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.