Good ideas ironraven:

Label the tinder and matches.

Lose the mason twine, she'll have paracord anyway.

Will get her a heavy duty trowel or E tool.

Lifehammer, I need advice on how to mount it where it is reachable, say if she is upside down.

Delorme map book for this area -- will check

She already has lots of bottled water stored with energy bars.

Will have her a stainless wire rim mug to drink out of or warm water in on emergency stove along with a fold-a-cup.

Break down signals -- excellent idea! She's so paranoid about flares but will have to learn.

Brass wire -- got that one covered -- 2-3 ft. do it?

zip ties? enlighten me on uses, I never thought of it

Pressure gauge,fluids, tire tools,wipers--covered.

More than one good blanket in there, plenty of other stuff to use for traction besides blankets.

Quarters covered

Cell phone charger covered

Survival manual? Just have to have one custom-made by me -- Lofty and Ray are not her type of reading even if necessary.

Well, as far as the gun goes, its a long shot (no pun intended.) A piece of white maple is better than nothing. They are naturally twisted sticks caused by vines growing around the trees/branches. I carve them into canes and walking sticks and furniture legs or just for decorations and the like. They are collector's pieces seen as a novelty item and are not questioned by cops, just looks like something you picked up at a flea market. Maybe pepper spray is the answer.

A Ladysmith? No way. A full size K-frame S&W .38 is what ladies should really handle if their hands can wrap around it. 2 1/2 -3" barrels. A Ladysmith is only for a woman who is a well-seasoned shooter and can handle the recoil, not for this indoors type Lady. If a woman does use a J-frame Smith, I found .38 wadcutters work perfect. Just the thing they practice with too. Believe me, they do the job. .357 mag sounds cool, but ridiculous in this situation.