Well, before I go anyfurther, I have to ask-

Where am I exactly? Flat woodland, like the taiga or the canadian north? Hilly woods, like the Appalachians? Mountain forests, like in Olympics? That will tell me what I need to build.

What do I have with me? An axe? A hatchet? A shovel, an etool, a trowel? That will tell me what I can build.

How do I know that there is no one looking for me for several weeks? In a few (2-3) weeks, if uninjured, I can easily cover 150 miles. If I see city glow, and I know no one is looking for me, I'll head towards it until I run into a river or hear humans, then head towards the human noise or go down stream until I find the ocean, at which time I hang a south. If I find a road, I camp next to it while seeing if I can figure out which way is more heavily travelled (frost damage, wanged up rails and signs, figuring that most litter goes to the vacume of the car so it is more likely to be on the side of the road that the car it was tossed from is traveling, etc). I say that becuase you can't go 100 miles in any direction without finding a road or seeing human settlement.

I also think you overestimate the aggressiveness of most animals. Humans bring most of thier problems on themselves with bears, and unless you are in Siberia, wolves couldn't care about us. Catamounts I would worry about, and the fire won't garantee keeping them spooked.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.