You know, I'm about half way through his book, and I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I don't like the idea of hanging a hard object around my neck so when I fall all of the impact is compressed into a small space on my chest. I like even less the idea of dangling a fixed blade knife around my neck. I'm sure there are safety features and whatnot, but should that come loose in impact or other adventures (and maybe I'm not aware) that's a rather large liability.

I like the idea of carrying kit and making sure it's accessible, hence my attraction to this site, but I gotta say, I'm not in agreement with either the versatility or the safety of this particular choice of carry.

Could you let us know how it works for "flopping" around during carry, if that big bump is as uncomfortable as it looks, if you've fallen on it how did your chest take the impact, etc. I'm looking for real-world performance of that minikit and any detractors.

And just for way of reason, I have a friend who slid into homeplate and accidentally landed on the ball. It ended up pushing his liver back into his spine, tearing the liver in two pieces and causing massive internal bleeding. I'm not saying this would do that, but I don't think I'm wearing anything against my chest that won't spread the impact a bit.