+1

I think the best approach is to further a team effort, and impart to the employees that when a disaster happens, the loyalty to the company doesn't go away. The loyalty stays because everyone will know that the company just shifted gears, and its primary goal is to the safety and security of every employee. As a secondary effect, it ensure the continuity of operations of your company (Don't have a COO manager, then you might want to get one!). This way, everyone is on the same play sheet. Since everyone is involved, you'll know which employees may want to go save their kids, and you can specifically address these situations. In some circumstances, you let them go, and that employees responsibilities will shift to someone else, in others, the employee will know they shouldn't leave, and its for their safety.

Once you have enough employees that are interested, schedule training sessions on company time. Perhaps getting a consultant involved who can consult with employees individual so they can discuss personal situations. How do I prepare my middle school child for emergencies in which I may be trapped at work? What will my family do in the event that a disaster occurs?

Maybe provide a company backpack that can be used to store the supplies. In a sheltering in place, they have it for the office, in an evacuation, they have something to carry their stuff.

Your company I'm sure provides "benefits" like Financial Prepardeness (i.e. 401K plans), Medical Prepardness (i.e. Dental, Vision, HMO's, PPO's, etc.), and maybe even Legal Prepardness (i.e. Pre-paid legal). Why not provide them Emergency Prepardness possibilites?

You may find some will not want to participate. You'll have to decide if their mind can be changed, and whether you should try. I have no clue on how to handle someone who doesn't want to participate, and suddenly wants your water because you're trapped.