No experience with Kifaru YET!!

I too spent a lot of time with this decision. Did a lot of reading and asked a TON of questions.

No, I am not in the "Sandbox" defending freedom, but do go out and use my gear every weekend on hikes and take it camping. I like equipment that is modular and allows me to adapt it to my needs. I also want something that I pretty much won't ever have to replace.

I have owned Camelbak BFM ( a good pack with lots of room although a bit on the heavy side for just the pack ) and Maxpedition Vulture and Falcon. Also both good packs and adaptable, but found both don't quite fit my frame. So, since I am in the financial position to spend my money the way I want, I finally bit the bullet and ordered up a Kifaru EMR and Marauder. Also picked out the XTL lid for the EMR and a cargo chair as well as a few external and internal pockets. I should be getting the packs soon, and so far, am happy with the service and attention to detail I have received. Of course, when you spend that much money on packs, they should treat you well, but I have had far too many experiences where I have been treated badly and spent much less money.

So, if the S... does ever HTF, then when all is said and done, I will at least have the packs I have always wanted. Hopefully the rest will be as easy. Once they arrive, I will do a set-up of my complete B.O.B. and pack load-out and post it here.