That's it! backup plate. Do you think that would be thick enough to tap? The rivit you used and the T-nut I used have longer shafts that extend down into the stove cavety, which prevents one from filling it all the way. Although I suspect filling it all the way to the top would not be good anyway as there needs to be some headroom for the vaporized fuel. <br><br>I'm not an avid backpacker, so I didn't want to spend a fotune on titanium cook sets. I found an inexpensive aluminum set from Snowpeak. It called the Personal Cooker I and it sells for $12.95 plus S&H. It's not ideal, but seems to be functional (and the price was right. <br><br>I'm worried that the wire screen that supports the pot will scratch the heck out of the pot. So I was thinking of wrapping the edges with something. My first thought was duct tape, but I worry that the flames from the stove will burn it on the top edge (the bottom edge is far enough away to be okay. Any ideas?<br><br>For carrying the alchohol, I have my eye on recycling a small Stable (spelling?) bottle. Stable is the stuff you add to gasoline for small engines to keep it from gumming up the works (can you tell that I'm not a mechanic? <s>). It has a built in measuing chamber on the side that you can fill to a specific level by squeezing the main chamber. It seems to be an easy way to measure out fuel, and it's small enough to carry. But I wont use enough from my bottle to try it this season. I wrote to the manufacture some months ago about getting an empty one, but never received a reply.