The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5586 - 04/19/02 03:38 PM Re: Modular PSK
billvann Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NE Illinois, USA (42:19:08N 08...
My initial post was simply an attempt to "think outside of the box." I have no intention to dup airline security. In fact, I rarely fly. Although, much of Jet's thoughts about disbursing contents instead of a single PSK makes sense. It also makes them more accessable in a true emergency situation.<br><br>Anyway...<br><br>A single tin, wrapped and sealed, has the distinct advantage of being an easy item to take with you and having tools to survive under many situations. Having it wrapped and sealed helps ensure that you don't run out of items without replenishment. I know I would fall victim to that scenario, then I would be most likely missing the items I didn't replenish the most in a true emergency.<br><br>I also carry survivial itms with me in my fanny pack (when camping) that are redundant. For example, the PSK has the spark-rite firestarted and tabs. But I also have strike-anywhere matches, a MFS and a baggie of lint & paper birch bark tinder (from downed firewood, not live trees). I also carry a mini first aid kit, and a signal mirror.<br><br>Anyway, I was trying to think of a way to package the contents by splitting them into halves. One half for everyday carry, suitable for the office and train (I commute). And another half for camping, where I'd "snap" the two together for trips.<br><br>But, for now, I think I'll leave the PSK alone. And I'll add a second tin, like Chris has, for critical, non-emergecy items, things like meds and band-aids, sewing needles & thread, etc. This would go into an unsealed tin or container. There would be some redundancy, like two sewing kits, but so be it.<br><br><br><br>

#5587 - 04/19/02 03:57 PM Re: Modular PSK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, ok, I believe you. Then diplomacy comes naturally to you. :-)

#5588 - 04/19/02 08:02 PM Re: Modular PSK
jet Offline
Enthusiast

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the airlines on "air rage" issue- we all recognize the need for some order on-board, after all, and we've all encountered obnoxious people, and sympathize with the attendants- until I read that some passengers were being PROSECUTED for failing to obey instructions to stay in their seats after NINE HOURS on the runway, waiting to take off, with all restrooms on the plane having malfunctioned.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Oh, yeah! A #1 Travel John "Relief Bag". Put that in with your toiletries to be truly "Equipped To Survive." Thanks for the reminder.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 367 Guests and 89 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.