Hi, I am a long time (from time to time) reader, first time poster. Yes, this is another multitool question, but I think my question is relatively specific, and I would very much appreciate your advice.

I used to have a Leatherman Wave (old style), courtesy of my husband, who ows a PST. I really liked it, but when it was stolen I could not justify buying a new one, because I did not use it that much. Now I have a child, and I like to be better prepared. I want a tool that has excellent scissors, and this is what keeps me from buying the new Wave. I have a Gerber Shortcut, whose scissors I like, but I still want my 'real' multitool to have good scissors too. The other tool that is important to me is a good can opener. I liked the one on my wave a lot. The one on my shortcut (combined with a screwdriver) is useless. I like an awl as well. I do not habitually carry a seperate knife, so it would be nice if the knife was okay as well (for day to day use I will mostly use it to slice/cut fruits and vegetables). I need to be able to access the tools quickly, and I care about quality.

I am not a particularly handy person, I doubt I will use the screwdrivers much, and I cannot imagine when I would use a saw. On the other hand, one of the reasons I want a (good) multitool is that I want to be a little better prepared for emergencies, so it is not a problem to carry some tools that I will not use much.

I thought of the Swisstool Spirit, I have read a lot of good reviews for that. Would you recommend that, or is there another (possibly lighter) multitool that might suit me better?