Thanks- I will see what info I can find on that book.<br><br>I had a great teacher once who spent several weeks on how nomadic societies "evolve" into agricultural societies, and the patterns that get set at that point, and still exist. I've never found a book on the subject that was nearly as adequate as that class, it explained a lot of things I'd always taken for granted. You can't tell where you're going without looking back to see where you came from.<br><br>You and I have talked about the "primitive" aspect before, and I think we're in general agreement. I think it has value as a learning experience, and as history. I understand the appeal, but if my life is on the line, that's not the way I'll choose to go. <br><br>I took fencing for some time. We students in the class fussed over "weapons" and equipment, stainless vs. chrome vs. aluminum bells, different styles of grips, French vs. Italian blades, foil vs. 3-weapon masks, canvas vs. synthetic jackets. The master, on the other hand, seldom bothered to bring his own, and would pick up anything at all to show a move or illustrate a point- a student's weapon, a yardstick, a pointer, an umbrella. He could easily out-fence anyone there with anything, and simply did not spend much time worrying about it.<br><br>Not saying that I still don't appreciate the feel of finely balanced fencing weapon, I do... but I'd rather have the skill.<br>