I never got to make any over there, unfortunately. Wax candles wouldn't have made it through the peak of the heat there (I logged 137, but I know it got higher than that).

Suet stands up to heat a little better than tallow. Suet is the organ fat, which is a slightly denser fat molecule (and therefore a little higher caloric value for a given mass). You could mix the hot fat with flour and gelatin dissolved in a little water to form a really soft roux that, when cooled, would stiffen up but not crumble, and will take the heat a little better. I'm not sure if parrafin and suet will homogenize, but if they do, that would certainly harden the Pemmican up, just don't overdo the wax. Maybe you could take a frozen Pemmican ball and coat it in wax like they do cheese wheels.

I've never had a problem with Pemmican getting too soft to handle. If I am going out into hot terrain, I'd just put the plastic wrapped pemmican into a ziploc bag and be done with it. It won't liquidate, but even if it oozes a little, I can recover it all, and it won't go bad, so to me it doesn't matter much if it gets squishy or deforms, long as it stays in the container.

Another great side use of Pemmican is it can be a great aid in getting a stubborn fire going.