I was back cruising through my neighborhood REI and made a second discovery that dovetails nicely with the "Don't Forget the Duct Tape" book. It is called "GearAid" Backcountry repair kit.

REI has put together two small kits that resemble a first-aid kit for your outdoor gear. They include nylon buckles, and all manner of goodies to keep your stuff in tip-top condition.

I tend to like to put together my own kits and REI has me covered there. You can buy most of the kit components separately as well. This is a nice touch. Some of these items can be a pain to locate at your standard hardware or department stores. It could take days or weeks to put together a kit this complete.

Below is a list from the larger $28 kit. They also sell a smaller kit for around $18.

Compact repair kit for the backcountry traveler contains materials to fix tents, stoves, water filters, clothing, packs and more
Contents: Repair manual, Seam Grip® adhesive 0.25 oz.tube, (4) sleeping pad patches, 2" and 1" side squeeze buckles
(2) 1" tension locks, 1" Slik Clip® 1" Siamese Slik®, 1" D-ring, (2) Posigrip® cordlocks, (2) adhesive ripstop patches
Cordura® packcloth, no-see-um mesh swatches, (8) adhesive nylon patches, (2) hot glue sticks, (6) alcohol swabs
Grip Clip™ (2) duct tape 100" rolls, (6) 8" cable ties, (3) 4" cable ties, 40" flat 1" webbing, 80" para-cord, sandpaper
Blanket pin, (4) straight pins, (6) safety pins, (6) sewing needles, thimble, nylon thread, (6) buttons, (2) 1" and a 2" SlipLok® buckle (2) clear acrylic tubing, (2) vials, (2) hang tag clips, hang tag awl kit and (6) various sized zip-close plastic bags. All contained in a handy zippered nylon pouch

Hope this is of some help,

TR (unabashed REI junkie)