Rather than the extremely expensive Tilleys, I very much like the OR line of sombrero head gear - "Seattle Sombrero" is OR's way of designating a hat designed for rain. My favorite is the Sonora Sombrero - designed for protection from sun, but it does well in rain as well. It is supplex, has a chin cord, and the brim can be snapped (actually velcroed) up. It is light enough that when I don't want to wear it, which is rather rare, I just let it dangle from the chin cord. It is light enough that I can stash it in a pocket if I desire. It is thin, tough, and pliable, allowing it to be used for a pot grip, rappel padding, and the like. The only thing I don't like is the velcro "snap." In windy weather, the velcro will self attach, decreasing sun protection. I solve that by mating a small strip of velcro to disable the patch on the brim - works great. I have used the sameone for about eight years now, and it has developed lots of "character," but it will still launder clean. It doesn't smell bad to me.<br><br>I hope this discussion about hats doesn't turn into another coverup...