While we're on the subject- there's one "hat" situation that I've never really been able to work out..<br><br>Typically, when backpacking I'd like to be able to don and doff a hat quickly and easily, with changes in temperature, or sun, or just level of exercise. Especially when hauling a heavy pack up a mountain, away from direct sunlight, a hat serves no function and gets too hot very quickly.. but fifteen minutes later, back in the beating sun, I need it again. Without a pack, I can just hang it down my back with the cord around my neck (sometimes it's still too hot against my back, and the cord can get uncomfortable around my neck)- but what do you do with a hat you no longer want on your head when you're wearing a full-size pack? I certainly don't want to stop and take off the pack each time, nor do I really want to be constantly rolling it or wadding it up. Hanging it anywhere in front or to the side is in the way and catches on things. Nothing that I've tried so far has worked particularly well.<br><br>Has anyone come up with a good solution for this?