>>Has anyone tried the Tilley Tuckaway Cap?<<<br><br>Not I, sorry. <br><br>I see that they've come up with a number of new models since I looked at their catalog. Personally, I find the Lightweight LT3/LT6 intriguing. The higher crown of the LT6 should make the ventilation provided by the grommets more effective. The "supplex" (microfiber, I think) probably kills the need to stretch and re-shape them after washing, but I worry- a lot of synthetics reek once they get sweaty, and it never seems to go away no matter how much they're washed after that.<br><br>In my experience, it's almost impossible to destroy their hats. Eventually the edges of the brim start to fray a bit, and they do stain, but that just adds character. I finally ended up upgrading the last time just because they came out with the brims that are dark green on the underside, and that really does reduce glare. The previous well-traveled all-tan one is still in the closet. Both are T3s. I've been tempted to get an all-green (olive) T3 with the screens in the grommets for woodland trips, but I havn't broken down yet.<br><br>I wish I could say the same of their other gear, but most of it is not warrantied as the hats are, and my personal experience has been disappointing. I hope the hats keep up their previous standard of quality.<br><br>The cap you're looking at looks very much like a fishing cap a friend of mine bought a few years ago at REI, including the rear flap.. I'll have to ask her who the manufactuer was. Might have been Columbia, I know it's wasn't Tilley. She also owns a T4, which has a brim short on the sides and longer fore and aft.<br>