I have an opportunity to purchase a quantity of Magfire Fire Steels direct from the manufacturer in Finland.

I have one of these, I picked it up in Finland, it's truly the best firesteel ever made, end of discussion. You can't buy them in the USA from any store and if you want to buy them from the UK, the shipping cost is HUGE.
Your basic Magfire will give you about 3,000 strikes, is light, small and fits neatly on a keychain. The Magfire pro is a bit bigger, and gives you 12,000 strikes. It's still small enough for a keychain.
Both models are super-tough, easy to use, and most importantly, they generate a HUGE and HOT (5,600 Degrees F) spark that WILL LIGHT A FIRE .
They (Magfire) are leting me place a small order - they usually require an order in the THOUSANDS of units - but because I asked nicely, they will sell me a TRIAL amount in the DOZENS of units.

Before I place the order with Magfire, I'd like to get a sense of if anyone here would like to buy one (or two, or three...), so I set up a page on my "equipped" personal pages to collect "preorders".

http://www.focazio.com/equipped - just click on Magfire Preorders if you think you would buy one if I had them now. I also have an order page set up - but no Magfires to ship just yet - so unless you feel like waiting until November for me to ship, don't actually order one - just preorder one. This will help me figure out how many to order so I'm not out too much cash up front.

Over & Out