Don't make judgements based soley on dollar amounts, and besides, two million dollars is one hell of a lot of money even in a large corporation!!

I work for a large well-known U.S. corporation that has a three pronged approach to helping with the distaster:

1. They have already put into place millions of dollars worth of communication equipment now serving the police, national guard, and coast guard. This includes several large mobile communication stations and a large number of communication devices in the hands of rescuers RIGHT NOW.

2. They have donated a substantial amout of cash to the Red Cross.

3. They are matching dollar-for-dollar any amount that employees donate to the Red Cross.

Though it may surprise many, U.S. corporations are NOT knee deep in money. Many MANY of my good friends have been laid off in recent years in order for my company to even stay in business and continue to employ tens of thousands of people, including me. Ironically just about every one of those people have moved on to better employment situations because of it, so I don't feel so bad for them.

There are more ways for corporations to help the cause than just giving money. For individuals, I do think financial donations to the Red Cross are the best route though.

Walmart probably has one of the largest distribution networks in the world, and is almost certainly very actively involved in sending suppies to the disaster area.