1. I wouldn't bother with the Surefire E2e and that's even speaking as a flashaholic (CPF member). A Photon II-type light should be enough for most situations, and you can carry several spares in almost no space. The more expensive Photon Freedom has tremendous runtime at its low output levels, and comes with a convenient clip for handsfree use. Countycomm also now has some very low cost, tiny clip lights.

2. I haven't felt a need for a large multi-tool either. I'd go for a small SAK (Victorinox Tinker maybe). If I want pliers I'd rather have a mini vise-grips along with the SAK, than a multi-tool.

3. Two words, duct tape. Useful for all kinds of electrical and other repairs.

4. I'd add a small radio (AM-only is fine) to get news about what's going on. I have a tiny one (one piece earphone AM radio, maybe 0.5 ounces, runs on watch batteries) that I got at Walgreens for about $5 that I keep in my belt pack. Main disadvantage is no speaker. Countycomm makes a fairly small $5 2AAA AM-FM radio with a speaker if you don't mind the larger size. Keep in mind that in a city-wide emergency, your cell phone service will probably be overloaded or out of commission.

5. You're right about the Ritter PSK being for wilderness use. Not much in it is that useful in a city, so I'd leave it. I also wouldn't bother with much firestarting stuff. In a city, fires are more likely to be the problem than the solution. I'd put at most a mini-Bic in the kit and leave it at that.

6. A ziploc bag or two is good for carrying water, and may as well have some purification pills in case your water sources aren't so good.