I’m anxious to see you burn up a real tent. I almost set fire to my 4 season expedition tent a few years back. My bud had his knife in his hand ready to cut through the fabric to get out. But I managed to get things under control without any damage.

It is just not realistic to consider not using a stove or lantern in cold/extreme cold situations inside your tent. You just have to be very careful and move slowly. Always allow ventilation to prevent CO poisoning. Never let a stove burn when you are asleep, I do keep the lantern on a min. setting as it is suspended from the ceiling and cannot be knocked down.

Even with the best gear, waking up at 10°F or below and getting dressed without heating the tent is a rather painful thing to do. Cooking outdoors is not an option. You risk freezing extremities or burning your gloves/mitts. Too much fuel would be wasted in the exposed conditions, etc

And hey, accidents do happen, so keep a blade handy for a quick exit through the fabric wall. Don’t take the time to exit your sleeping bag either, cut & roll out ASAP if something is on fire. I’m sure those nylon tents will go in a few seconds.

White gas (Coleman fuel) is still the best option for cold weather & altitude. Do refuel outdoors !!!