JShannon,

Sheesh! Getting a little warmer in here... Please carefully re-read what I wrote. Perhaps you're making a big deal out of nothing important. I asked (a little tauntingly at first, but it was meant in good humor) for assistance in finding definitive proof or disproof. I'm NOT pounding my chest about this or insisting that I'm right or you're wrong. I'm really only interested in the truth, if it is known.

Whatever you asked your optomitrist buddy generated no more proof of what you believe than what someone wrote (including me) on line about what they believe, Your post said something about "acuity", which I did not make any statement about in my original post - because I wrote about scotopic vision (comparatively fuzzy, or non-acute by geometry/biology in humans), not photopic vision - either you asked the wrong question or he/she misunderstood your question.

In any event, if the optomitrist cannot cite a study of the subject, his/her opinion is simply an opinion of one person. Has the optometrist extensive field or lab experience with subjects in the field of scotopic vision? If so, did the optomitrist notice any correlation or lack of correlation between eye color and scotopic vision ability? If so, that opinion would carry a lot weight with me, whatever the answer is.

I am not defending an unfounded position - quite the opposite; I wrote that I don't know, although I've always thought it to be true (my "myth" origin is BEFORE the WWW - my 1992 comment) . So I wrote that since I cannot show it is true, if someone feels strongly that it is untrue, please show evidence, because either way I would like to know the truth. Subsequently I wrote that my searches have turned up NOTHING and suggested that a forum member with better search skills than me would have to find "the answer".

I'm not trying to flame you and as far as I'm concerned if this post gets you all worked up, let me apologize in advance. Dead subject as far as I'm concerned unless and until someone finds a believable scientific answer.

Regards.

Tom

PS - I cannot resist asking any longer- my eye color is brown with hazel around the outer edges. Any ability I have to see in low level light is far more a product of decades of practice and learning of techniques than anything else. Would you PM me your eye color just to satisfy my curiosity? TIA.