John,<br><br>Except for the M7 in 260 Rem, the other Remingtons are older .22 rf rifles. I forgot to mention something about the M7. I was not very happy with the workmanship (lack of) on the bolt. The area of particular concern to me was the bolt face - it was marking 90 degrees of fired brass with (I thought) the ejector plunger - sometimes enough to show perceptible brass shavings that would actually jam the ejector plunger in the retracted position. New brass, all sized, trimmed, uniformed, etc. and even with starter loads. I was in too big of a time crunch to risk sending it off to Remington (not happy with the customer "service" I got) - the youngest at that time needed to be able to use the rifle (it's a youth model, which he has since outgrown). I dropped a new plunger and spring in it, thinking that I had determined that the plunger was a little high (it was, but that was not the problem). No dice. Under magnification and with the aid of a sharp probe, I finally determined that they had not finished the hole for the ejector plunger - there was a raised burr around it. Very difficult area to work in - I did not have my lathe yet. Eventually got it carefully removed.<br><br>Like my M77 Mk II, this is too small a sample to draw any conclusions from. It did not show up until firing because the (slightly long original) ejector plunger kept the brass off the burr. I have never had any workmanship problems with Rugers (they are rough as a cob where it doesn't show or matter, of course). Makes me a little sad to see all the extraordinary workmanship on the Swedes and other older firearms we have - perfectly polished operating parts, even where it may not really matter... cost a pretty penny these days for that sort of labor, of course.<br><br>Other comments about the M7: Barrel is not stiff enough and I would hate to turn loose a kid with any larger caliber caliber (7mm-08 or 308) - it's too light a package. Muzzle blast is awful (would be even worse in a 243 chambering). The whippy barrel makes it really sensitive to loads - it was the worst chore I've ever tackled to get what I considered acceptable accuracy and power without excessive recoil (for the lad), and I never was entirely happy - it was good enough, barely. I will re-barrel this rifle, even though it only has a few hundred rounds through it. Also, it was & is a PITA to clean compared to the Swedes, using the same bullets, similar powder, and very similar velocities. If I was going to leave the barrel on it, I would hand lap it or possibly fire lap it. Second worst new barrel I've owned w.r.t. poor micro finish in the bore (The worst, ironically, is my "old Betsy" M77 30-06, but it is so exceptionally accurate that I forgave it the bore finish decades ago)<br><br>Caveat Emptor.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Tom