I have had both the large RSK and the mini RSK. I ended up selling the mini RSK to a fellow ETS forumite because it just wasn't enough knife for my purposes and thus it never got carried. Legally I can carry anything up to 5.5" here in the great state of Texas so there are no legal concerns with etiher knife. I was also carrying a large classic Sebenza for EDC until very recently when I decided to sell it and go back to my full size RSK for EDC and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I still always carry a fixed blade (CRK Shadow IV with water purification and storage gear and fire making gear in the handle) when camping and usually when day-hiking also. The RSK is my EDC and it is also the knife I carry (with a micro PSK) when day hiking on the (rare) occassions when I dont carry a fixed blade (usually when acompanied but PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER.). I have given a lot of thought to what knife I would own if I could own only one knife for everything from urban EDC to deep wilderness survival. So far I am resolved to the belief that if I could own only one knife the RSK is the one I would want to own.