Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#36751 - 01/25/05 03:22 PM Should you be arrested for refusing rescue?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Linke to the story - Rescued couple accused of endangerment

I have my own opinion on this, but not having been there and having to deal with that particular situation, I will keep it to myself. However, I DO find it interesting that the authorities are reacting so strongly in this case. Part of me says, It's about time! that stupid people were taken to task for endangering others trying to save their sorry butts. On the other hand, the stress this guy had to be under surely clouded his thinking. I'm interested in the thoughts of those who dedicate themselves to trying to save us Darwin-award candidates.

#36752 - 01/25/05 09:48 PM Re: Should you be arrested for refusing rescue?
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

San Dimas Canyon is an interesting place. The people are not paricularly 'colourfull' like many similar small enclaves in California. There are many such places, including many grandfathered private properties in our state and national forests. The cost and effort to protect a ' small shack' can be high, and the owners given greater scrutiny than say somebody living in a massive development within a floodplain, active fault etc. My inclination from what little I know is that the authorities are overreacting. La Conchita up the coast never should have been allowed to remain occupied after the '95 rains. But, where do we stop? A good argument for evacuating Florida because of hurricanes may be made too. I once spent a grueling 3 days at sea towing a disabled commercial fishing boat back to port. There was no great danger, just rough water, no food on board and coffeegrounds reboiled till the bean's DNA itself was gone. When I finally got us back the boat captain complained bitterly about my choice of docks. Without a word I began the complicated manuever of turning around. He saw victory. When I began towing him BACK out to sea his demeaner changed rapidly. Some people should know better. For the rest the new policies of charging for rescuing fools is a great incentive to think ahead.

#36753 - 01/31/05 04:30 PM Re: Should you be arrested for refusing rescue?
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
Link is not working... Do you have another one?

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 632 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.