For 13 years, my buddies & I were involved in trekking down PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. guerillas in the operational areas <br>" Bamboo Trail " & " Naga Belt " in both the Peninsular Malaysia & Sarwak/Kalimantan borders. To win against these jungle-based guerillas, you'd have to think and apply the saMe techniques. It means you find their food dumps, numerous booby traps, infiltration routes and camps tracks with your eyes - not with your compass or a GPS - and move as quietly as possible with the least equipmENt and food supplies you can carry which also means you forage from the jungles!!! It worked for my buddies & I and until today, special forces units from the GBritain, US, Australia dn NZealand come and learn from us the ways to survive in a jungle war.<br>And in between the operations, I was also involved in so many jungle SAR for missing trekkers, both domestic and foreign, and Ive seen and understood as the reasons why people get lost because of inclement weather, sudden appearance of wild life, ill prepared, over prepared and not prepared at all...and with this in mind, I decided to start a jungle survival school where we teach students how to get their <br>" stuff " from the jungles because there are many cases where the preparation they had was based on equipment - it never worked. Trust me... I have dealt with death and destruction and I am stating my opinion based on actual survival situations.<br>It is an added plus if you are prepared but at the same time, sometimes what you thought was adequate could either be inadequate or...what you thought could work...usually cannot work in an actual survival situation. So..its better to have an added skill based on the experience of people who have fought in a jungle-based warfare and involved in SAR. Natives here can survive simply because its their life and their survival is never an actual survival situation where they are never under pressure! In actual survival situations..time, terrain and weather are against you where you are alone with no roof! Natives live comfortbaly in their villages where they go out daily to hunt or get things from the jungles and they take time to move. They live a leasurely life and I know this because protecting them against the guerillas was part of my duty!!!<br>Their survival depended on people like us, too!<br>So..to totally ignore or look down upon an added skill from the jungles does not augur weel for someone who is keen in the art of survival. We have the best of both skills - prepared and the unprepared! A goodsurvivalist..needs to seek and practise skills from everywhere!<br>