Willie,<br><br>Er, gasket material, of course... Oh! No, I didn't improvise that - no need; any automotive store carries it bulk and I have some lying around. Stuck it on with some RTV (Permatex Super Blue IIRC - son #1 had a tube open while he was finishing re-assembly of his truck engine post-overhaul). I "foraged" the items in the urban wilderness we call "home" <grin>, so additional cost was nada.<br><br>I suppose you could try some of that self-stick closed cell foam stuff used for weather stripping. Probably would increase the thickness of the closed tin a little more and there would be at least one seam where the ends meet.<br><br>I doubt that a flat gasket cut from an inner tube would seal up reliably because it would take a fair bit of compression and the tins *are* pretty light gauge metal.<br><br>But like I said, it's too much hassle. Fun to mess with a bit, but not practical enough for me. Chris just mentioned a container that Barry is carrying and meanwhile, the electrical tape does a good job if the hinges are flattened out as I mentioned previously. Hope this answers your question!<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Scouter Tom