Quote:

If you can, remove the sliding portion of the casement window, measure the opening, and place the largest standard window A/C unit you can fit in there.

I misunderstand. For me, a "Casement" window is one that swings open via a crank. I don't know of any sliding portion.

Quote:
You could also remove the whole window and use plexiglas where the A/C ends.

An interesting idea. Removal of the window however is problematic. The option I was looking for was merely breaking out one pane of the casement window (an 11" x 23" rectangle) and trying to fit a tiny unit in there, or at least duct to that opening from the condenser side.

Quote:
Because of the way you will have to mount it, be sure it has support on the outside so it doesn't tip out and fall. If you need an extension cord to plug to your outlet, buy those specifically made for heavy use and buy the shortest cord that will work. You will be suprised how hot the plug portion gets when using an extension cord. I have a 9 foot 14 gage for my bedroom A/C and it gets really warm, but not hot where the A/C is plugged into it.

Noted and agreed. I'd usually run 12-guage to a major appliance anyway, which I'd classify an A/C unit as. Is there significant loss to using larger wire?

Anyway, Frances is now twenty miles from my doorstep and closing, so I'm going to end this post before I lose cable.

Three wire 12 guage is what I'll probably go with, as you recommended. I'm just wondering about the 11" x 23" space issue..do they make an A/C unit small enough to fit one of those?

Panz