I would think that only the salt is worth the space in the tin and that only because of the possible usage during re-hydration. By the rules of three: <br>three minutes without air<br>three days without water<br>three weeks without food<br>I can't imagine not foraging something from the environment before being in trouble of starvation unless I were in arctic or desert conditions. In either of those situations I would probably be in much worse trouble either from cold or dehydration or heat before starvation became the issue.<br>BTW sugar without anything else will give you a short burst of energy followed by a hangover which includes drowsiness and stupification due to low blood sugar brought on by the insulin reaction to the sugar boost. This is not a condition that you want during a survival situation. Also sugar takes water to process leaving you in more danger of dehydration after use. I have heard that tea will provide some protien if chewed though it is definately bulky for a PSK tin.