Just picked it up from REI after ordering it and having it shipped to the store.

Once I got home, I realized that AMK substituted some stuff in the kit. I didn't get the fishing stuff, needle or safety pins. In their place was a pair of the tweezers from one of their first aid kits, the tweezers like the Sliver Grippers.

I really don't miss the fishing gun but the needle and safety pins I was looking forward to. I'll pull out the tweezers and get the other stuff for the kit.

While me and the wife were at REI, I did get to pick up a Victorinox knife and space pen set for $8! Once we got through the check out line, a huge storm hit and you could barely see the parking lot. The power flipped off a few times then went out for about 20 minutes. Figure if you have to be stuck somewhere, REI probably isn't a bad place. The employees put on the display headlamps (got to see some in action for a future purchase) and took care of the situation with a smile.

I added the small knife that came with the space pen and I'll add a Photon from the collection here at the house (the switch blocked somehow) and a lighter I guess.

Of course now the wife wants one too. I'll be broke soon but we'll both be outfitted.

laters