AyersTG wrote:
Quote:
Some folks have duties that allow them to lug around a fairly large torch, but I'll argue that is duty wear vs true EDC.

Tom--
While I agree with almost everything you've said, I must disagree with this statement. I've carried a SureFire 6P or variant (same size & basic envelope; currently it's a C2) as EDC for several years, including suit/dress clothes. I'm not in any uniformed service; I just want a powerful light on me when I'm out & about!

While this class of light may not be what you'd consider a "large torch" (it's huge compared to a Photon), it's much smaller than a large MagLite. My original 6P rode on my left hip for years in a BladeTech Kydex carrier. Current production SF products are slightly larger in diameter, which required me to purchase a new carrier (I chose the one from SF, this time). It fits my G2 and my C2, with or without lanyards.

Does it add bulk to my belt? Yes, but no more than the cell phone next to it. Also, it has protected the cell phone from rough falls or blows a number of times .

While I also carry a Photon II on my keyring, it's the SureFire I reach for most often. I find that the size & weight penalty is not too great, given the benefits of having it with me.

Regards,

David