Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 59 of 59 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59
Topic Options
#302472 - 08/11/24 02:25 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
I’ve been using Backblaze. No cap on how much data to backup from a single PC. Good pricing for the industry. Excellent documentation and tech support. A backup agent that runs the way I like it — defaults work great for most users, but I am able to dig deep into settings and change them, easily. From my perspective, the backup agent’s bugs have been ironed out and it’s been darn near bulletproof. The biggest con is that initial upload of your files is likely to take A Very Long Time Indeed.

They do end-to-end encryption. If I chose to, I could retain the encryption keys and then they would not be able to decrypt my data, a tradeoff I’ve chosen not to make.

There are a few individual things that are stored encrypted but the bulk of my data is important to me, and to my family, and not to any potential identity thieves and so on. I’m choosing greater availability of my data over greater confidentiality.

#302473 - 08/11/24 10:37 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: chaosmagnet]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for the info. I'll look into Backblaze. We stopped cloud back-ups a while back as the cost went into the stratosphere.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#302479 - 08/18/24 07:12 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I used the help of my fellow congregation members to retrieve three plastic storage bins that had been in the attic for the past two years. I could organize my latest preparations with those three bins and the one I already had in my bedroom.

I started by organizing the bin in my bedroom, filled with a jumble of stuff. I sorted the items into health and tools categories. Then, I used the other two bins to store pillows, washcloths, socks, and watch caps.

Getting organized might not seem like a preparation, but it is. When you are organized, it becomes much easier to find what you need, and you can see how much you have.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302492 - 08/24/24 11:08 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Yesterday, I dropped off a bottle of Caladry, which will expire next month, at the local pantry. I also donated Ibuprofen that I don't use, as well as excess bottles of hand sanitizer. I plan to replace the donated bottle of Caladry and create more space on my shelves.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 59 of 59 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 273 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
Today at 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/24/24 11:08 PM
Alaskan attacked by a bear and shot
by Phaedrus
08/23/24 07:43 AM
Woman Lost 4 Days in Colorado Mountains Is Rescued
by dougwalkabout
08/22/24 10:13 PM
Customizing Your Medical Kit
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/13/24 04:31 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.