Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#3006 - 12/10/01 06:28 PM Re: About that firefighter's pack...
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is a very versatile pack. All the components attach via 1" fastex buckles. Ours use the web gear with a hydration system attached then a larger "24hr. pack" on top of that. I have found that with my limited sewing skills and some extra 1" buckles I can attach almost any thing I want to the gear.

#3007 - 12/10/01 08:07 PM Re: shamelessly begging for more information
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Now they work...Thanks!!!

#3008 - 12/10/01 10:23 PM Re: What next for BOB?
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Loc: Upper Mississippi River Valley...
Willie,<br><br>Nothing perfect <grin>. If you can locate surplus US OG trousers (wool), they work fine and made you look like a VERY experienced Scouter - I think the old time dress trousers looked exactly the same (were the same?). Those look like part of a snazzy class A. New and used are available in all the various sizes, but it may take a little patience. I think the used ones run a bit one the small side from listed size, so you may want to err on the large side when sizing them.<br><br>Althoug BSA calls the new trousers "action fit", I reckon it's for office action - look at the difference between properly fitted modern utility uniforms and these. Because of that, it's hard to get from here to there...<br><br>I am aware that some troops specify surplus uniform trousers (usually BDUs) as Class A - certainly within the equipment tradition of BSA, although very much against the grain from a "Official BSA" point of view. I think I understand why - just wish they would come up with a better trouser at a less costly price. The pants are not all bad - an improvement over the previous ones. But cotton-poly is not treated cotton-nylon (altho it IS "permanent press"), and those so-called cargo pockets are a joke - just patch pockets.<br><br>The cargo pockets on BSA pants ought to be sized at least large enough to comfortably hold a BSA Handbook... which also makes them handy for other things. I can't comfortably get a GEM in these (There's a thought - a GEM version of the Scout Handbook!)<br><br>And the elastic waistband - sheesh! Is that ever uncomfortable! Pull tabs are simpler and more reliable.<br><br>The reinforcement is fine and they are at least not confining in cut, so as I say, not terrible at all - just disappointingly less than they could be.<br><br>I use OD Field Trousers on outings and they sorta look right - from a distance. Right color, "wrong" shape (baggy). Obviously the pre-BDU fatigue trousers (cotton) would look OK, but I do not see any advantage to them over the official pants.<br><br>Maybe someone else can chime in here? I'm not really an expert on this topic.<br><br>Tom

#3009 - 12/11/01 02:50 AM Re: What next for BOB?
Anonymous
Unregistered

having used both the CFP-90 and the Molle pack I can tell you that while similar in general appearance. That is the only thing the same. The CFP-90 also known as a "vector" pack is a one piece unit not counting the small patrol pack that is included. The Molle pack would be more correctly refered to as the Molle system as it is a Modular system that can be tailored to the needs of the user. It has a main pack a detachable sleeping bag compartment and various magazine pouches as well as radio and multi-purpose utility pouches. It does also include a updated version of the CFP-90's Patrol pack ( 1000% better). The Molle pack also has integrated web gear that remains on the user when the main pack is dropped using a quick release system similar to the older alice pack's. Anyway I tend to run on but that covers the main points if you need any more info I would be glad to help<br><br>Brian

#3010 - 12/11/01 05:32 PM Re: What next for BOB?
billvann Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NE Illinois, USA (42:19:08N 08...
This post is starting to digress from a survival POV so I'll post my complte reply on the Campfire forum under "Scout Dress."<br><br>

#3011 - 12/30/01 04:00 AM Re: What next for BOB?
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Tom, I can get my hands on a large ALICE pack for a good price (free)...what modifications are required to attach it to the Camp Trails frame??? (Once again you have come up with a great idea!!!)

#3012 - 12/30/01 05:11 AM Re: What next for BOB?
Anonymous
Unregistered

the end?

#3013 - 12/30/01 05:35 AM Re: What next for BOB?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try <br><br>www.tacticaltailor.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (adam2), 208 Guests and 84 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
How 5 Fishermen Survived...Carried a PLB!
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:41 PM
Lost in Northern California Mountains for 10 Days
by Ren
06/25/24 08:36 PM
Growing a Garden in 2024?
by Eugene
06/25/24 06:46 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/23/24 06:12 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by clearwater
06/12/24 11:25 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.