Craig:

I used to do the herron fishing for food neck movements as well as shifting my glasses up and down for a better read on my monitor, and that got old real quick.

I am lucky as our local $.99 store has selections of reading glasses in magnifications from 1.5 to 4.00. I have a set close in magnification to my reading bifocal in my glove compartment, my bedroom, the kitchen, and anyplace I work, just in case I forget to have my main glasses with me. I have a pair of "computer glasses" which are currently 2.25 magnification next to any place I may be using a computer. At 99 cents each, I throw away the old ones as the need for magnification changes and buy new ones only slightly stronger.

The other nice thing I have which I made out of some old vegetable display cases a large grocery store was throwing out is a 34" deep table for my computers. The case was made from old style, very thick (Over 3/4" thick.), plywood with a formica top. It was wider than 34" so I had to trim it down a little. I set the table height at 26" and attached 2x4 legs to it and a 13" skirt made out of 1/2" plywood to three sides of it for added rigidity as well as adding 2x4 stringers around the perimeter and down the center on the underside of the table.

The bottom line is that my monitor sits a good distance away from my face than anything commercially available, and I believe this aids in my comfort when using my systems.

I tell friends that see my tables for the first time and ask me how I ever got them into the basement and why did I build them so massive that a pair of hippos could make love on these tables and not break them.

Bountyhunter