Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#297454 - 11/04/20 08:27 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
In other news, I got back from minor surgery. The dermatologist removed a cist from my back. The worst part was being uncomfortable. I'm not comfortable lying on my stomach.

I'll be in stitches for the next two weeks and, since it is on my back, I will need Mom's help in changing the 4" x 4" dressings once a day. I have plenty of 4" x 4" dressings.

Jeanette Isabelle

#297457 - 11/05/20 02:43 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I hope you heal up soon, Jeanette_Isabelle!

#297458 - 11/05/20 06:27 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I wish you the best, and hope you get better

I don't know if it is proper to mention this confession but I am also claustrophobic. And one of the SHTF scenarios that scares me is to be thought to be dead and be buried, then I would wake up, alone, and underground. Yikes. To make it worse, I saw a TV show last month where the guy suggests to his friends that this can happen, and that they should write in their wills to put their cell phones with them whenever they were buried. LOL+Yikes.

Sorry if this annoys anyone.

On the serious side Jeanette, life routinely throws hardships at us, and our ability to face those hardships make us who we are. We should be survivors, and we should always be strong or even act like we are strong.

All the best for you and yours

#297459 - 11/05/20 09:28 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Something that crossed my mind yesterday as I started this thread is what if I'm in a survival situation where I have to slither through a cave? I hate to even think about it while comfortably sitting at my desk.

Jeanette Isabelle

I can go in a cave if it is big enough that I can walk up straight, if it begin to involve slithering then no thank, ma´m. I´m walking out. I do not want to be in such tight places.

#297461 - 11/05/20 10:48 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Chisel]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Chisel
And one of the SHTF scenarios that scares me is to be thought to be dead and be buried, then I would wake up, alone, and underground. Yikes. To make it worse, I saw a TV show last month where the guy suggests to his friends that this can happen, and that they should write in their wills to put their cell phones with them whenever they were buried.

Before the existence of modern medicine, that has happened. Centuries ago, after opening a casket that was once buried, people would find scratch marks on the inside of the lid. People (believed to be dead) desperately scratched and clawed at the inside of their casket, trying to get out.

Edgar Alen Poe wrote about such subjects because that was a common fear at that time.

Jeanette Isabelle

#297465 - 11/05/20 06:20 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
If my memory don´t fail me then Alfred Nobel had the same fear and wrote in his testament that his wrists would have to be cut (after his death) to ensure he is not alive.

#297501 - 11/09/20 06:33 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I went to my doctor's appointment that was originally intended for going over MRI results. Instead, we talked about alternatives.

I'm scheduled for a C T scan next Monday.

Jeanette Isabelle

#297508 - 11/10/20 02:42 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Good luck, Jeanette_Isabelle! I hope it goes well for you.

#297509 - 11/10/20 02:46 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Phaedrus]
Carpal Tunnel

No need to type the underscore. It's Jeanette Isabelle.

#297520 - 11/10/20 04:57 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Herman30]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
There is a cave in southern Arizona with a small, man hole like entrance, leading to a relatively small passage. Eventually you come to a squeeze known as the 'selector".

Once (and if) you pop through that, a tiny opening appears in the sidewall. Go through that and you are in wide, spacious walking passage that continues until you reach a pool which feeds a spring in the canyon beyond.

Wind Cave and Jewel Cave in South Dakota are other examples of extensive caves originally reached through very small, squeeze type entrances.

Caving is a great pastime, especially if you are relatively thin, agile, and hyper flexible.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 399 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.