The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#297431 - 11/03/20 09:40 PM Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I went in for a brain MRI. I do have claustrophobia, but no big deal. I took 1 MG of Lorazepam an hour before the procedure, and I've had an MRI done before with minimum issue.

With my mask on, I'm on the MRI table feeling fine though a little warm because of the mask. The technician puts a device over my head that I can best describe as the interior of a football helmet. This is not good. He then inserts wedges into the device to prevent me from moving my head. I go from uneasy to panic mode.

I take another MG of Lorazepam, and we wait ten minutes for the second pill to kick in. We try again. Still no go. We wait an additional five minutes, the give the second pill more time to kick in. We try again. The state of panic is only getting worse. There is no way for me to hold still in my condition. The technician tries something different. Though, against protocol, the technician tells to remove my mask. We try it without the mask. By this time, I'm in such a state of panic that my stomach is bothering me. Afraid that I would vomit, the technician cancels the test.

That was an hour and a half ago. After 2 MG of Lorazepam, time, and listening to "Canon in D" on an infinite loop, I'm starting to feel normal.

If my primary care physician believes a brain MRI is imperative, I'll have to do it in a hospital where I will be sedated.

Jeanette Isabelle

#297432 - 11/03/20 09:53 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Yikes! Very scary! I hope you're feeling better again now.

#297435 - 11/03/20 11:01 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
brandtb Offline
Addict

Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania
Have you tried meditation? Before I retired, my department at Univ of Penn Medical Center had a Penn psychiatrist come in and give meditation classes to the employees. It seemed to work.

Can't hurt.

#297439 - 11/04/20 12:06 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: brandtb]
Carpal Tunnel

Has meditation specifically worked for claustrophobia?

Jeanette Isabelle

#297441 - 11/04/20 02:49 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Jeanette has tried many different approaches and consulted many wellness experts, I'm sure. At this point, she needs our empathy and understanding. She doesn't need more suggestions from us, because we just don't know enough about her medical history to make useful recommendations.

#297442 - 11/04/20 03:21 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Bingley]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
+1. I hope Jeanette seeks and receives good advise and counsel

#297445 - 11/04/20 05:31 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, Jeanette. Is there an imaging place that has an "open MRI" available? As someone who has to get his pituitary gland examined every 5 years, I don't think I could do it anymore without an open MRI.
https://mifimaging.com/2018/05/16/5-reasons-you-might-want-to-request-an-open-mri-machine/

Best wishes!
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#297449 - 11/04/20 11:57 AM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
You always have friends here Jeanette.
qjs

#297450 - 11/04/20 01:20 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Blast]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Blast
Is there an imaging place that has an "open MRI" available?

I needed an MRI of my shoulder less than two years ago, and everything went smoothly after taking 1 MG of Lorazepam.

As I mentioned, I was having a problem before going into the machine. The problem was the combination of the device that reminds me of a football helmet and the wedges that prevent me from moving my head.

Jeanette Isabelle

#297451 - 11/04/20 01:35 PM Re: Even After 2 MG of Lorazepam, I'm Still Frazzled [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Something that crossed my mind yesterday as I started this thread is what if I'm in a survival situation where I have to slither through a cave? I hate to even think about it while comfortably sitting at my desk.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 407 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.