comment on stored staples like beans, rice, pasta etc... recommended by Wendy DeWitt (LDS food guru)... I vacuum sealed my stored staples in quart pressure canning jars with the jar adapter of my inexpensive vacuum sealer... then place the sealed jars back into their original shipping boxes, and store under my bed

for water a combination of Aqua Tainers (at least 15yrs old) and Scepter 20L containers... I change out the water at the start of hurricane season yearly, and add 2ml of liquid chlorine bleach for each 20L container... a Sawyer 5 gal .1micron filter and on site well with hand pump is back up

I dine out exclusively, so other than some perishable sandwich meats and hot dogs, my hurricane prep is for only a two week stretch of canned soups and stews (which can be augmented with a hand full of instant rice), which are donated to a local food bank about 6months prior to the use by date... 72 hours of Mountain House entrees in the car

hurricane radios and portable TV is in a Sears rolling plastic tool chest... I could re-purpose, and throw a sleeping bag on top and di di mao if needed...after Irma, I obtained a second charger for my Eneloop AAs and a dedicated power strip so I can charge them and my cell phone off the same wall outlet

generators, fuel, and 3 bulk propane cylinders are stored in a non attached garage

my garage temps reach 100F, but the house runs between 68-78F