When the diagnosis came in, we went into purging mode. First, we had to get rid of all porous cookware and implements. This included any plastics with scratches, wooden spoons, spatulas, boards, my entire cast iron collection :-( toasters, electric griddles, skillets, mixers, blenders, towels, potholders, washcloths...pretty much everything that was not smooth glass or non-porous metal. Friends and relatives got all of this. Second, we got some boxes, and put all of our food in them, including dry, frozen, and canned food and all boxes and containers, even non-food like ziplock bags and similar supplies which had contact with airbourne flour, and gave it all to my son and some neighbors. Third, We removed all remaining plates, bowls, flatware, etc and ran them through the dishwasher. Fourth, we washed all the walls, counters, floor, cabinet interiors refrigerator, stove, microwave, upgraded our home air filter...It's a little scary to go from 'equipped' to virtually nothing edible. I'll detail our recovery on another post.