Originally Posted By: Robert_McCall
Thirty seconds on Wikipedia undermines your point. What, are you an econ major or something?

Your post actually supports my point. Perhaps if you reread and think a little more about it, you'd see that we're, ironically, on the same side where content is concerned. And, no, I've never studied economics formally. It just seems to me like every educated person should know something about people like Friedman, as their ideas have influenced the course of world events. But maybe young people these days need to actually major in something in college or look things up on the unreliable Wikipedia to know the very basics.

I prefer to take my survival advice from people who have thought carefully about it. If the author skimps on one part, where else has he skimped? "It's just a sentence" or "it's just a throwaway" can be used to justify ideas like "mix ammonia and vinegar to double their cleaning power!" (NOTE: do not mix these two liquids! You will produce toxic fumes!) I urge people to apply a higher standard when their lives are on the line.