Yes Chris, I'm pretty new to knives. I remember I once bought a $10 Rambo style knife with hollow handle and a fishing kit inside with a compass on the screwing butt when I was in my pre-teen. It was in the early 1980s and me and my colleges had just seen the Silvester Stallone movie. I once tried to throw it on a tree trunk and the blade became shaky because it wasn't full-tang (I was also a fan of Sho Kosugi Ninja movies)... I think my parents still have it in their attic. Besides that I don't have much experience and I'm rather new at survival techniques in general.

So thanks for the precious info. When you say "they have sufficient Rockwell" do you mean they are hard enough? And also, I'm wondering what are the "clippers" from the Frosts company, what do they mean by clipper (you know, models with red butt...)? And also, I just found and bought a DMT mini-sharp fine at the Mountain Equipment Co-op here in Montréal. Will it be enough and suitable for these carbon and stainless steel swedish knives? (or do I also need the coarse one or finer...?)

Thank you.