Originally Posted By: Dagny
The Element itself is a great piece of "gear" -- with seats designed to fold flat for sleeping.

I sold my Jeep last year, which was really uncomfortable to sleep in, and moved into a Mazda 5. It's got third row seat which fold down flat. Nice little shelter area if we needed it. I'm probably going to miss the Jeep's 4WD but the car is way better on gas and has lots of space inside. I love being able to fold those seats down and stash stuff there, and still having back seats for the kids.

Car Safety & Tools
blaze orange LL Bean LED hat

I saw something like that the other day and suggested to my son that it would make a great Christmas present for his mom. wink

Warmth
long underwear

Great idea! Extra warmth that takes up very little space. I always debate the merits of extra clothing that requires me to undress to put it on, but it's amazing what a difference a pair of long johns can make - and if they're styled right, we girls could get away with wearing them as pants in a pinch. (I'm not advocating for that, just pointing out the emergency potential.)

Survival Gear
Cash (small bills)

GREAT idea! I had a near miss with a breakdown last week, and had no money for a cab or a tow, thanks a to a series of unexpected expenses at this already expensive time of year. We were actively prepared for a long cold walk, but a nice warm cab would have been welcome.

Which makes me think.... I might add a sled to my EVC this winter. It's bacpacgirl's first year without a stroller and having a way to carry her was well as gear is something I hadn't considered until just this moment. Yup. I think I'm going to do that. Thanks Dagny!!

Purse

saving this inventory for the sequel

Looking forward to it!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA