Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
For those in the United States one thing I would advise is read the foreign press. There's a situation I'm monitoring, not covered in the American media, ignited by an incident we are all familiar with.

I'm don't know if I'm allowed to mention the situation I'm currently monitoring. Let's just say it looks like a certain world leader will have turkey for dinner.

I have another suggestion. If there is something you wish you had done but for one reason or another you haven't, don't put it off any further. Having done something you really want to do may help boost morale in the time of crisis.

Jeanette Isabelle

I just perused the BBC app on my phone and am not seeing any particular reason to worry about impending doom.

Having lived through the Cold War (what some analysts now refer to as "WWIII") nuclear brinksmanship and working at the U.S. Capitol on 9/11/01, my perspective is to not devote a lot of time to dreading things over which I have no control.

On the other hand, I did notice today that there are only two rolls of toilet paper left in the house so a Costco run is in order....

And I have long coveted that gigantic "All American" chocolate cake in Costco's bakery so perhaps that is the thing I won't put off any longer.

Here's hoping the world gets through the holidays without any large-scale disasters, man-made or otherwise.

:-)