I have some thoughts on the tactics used and their implications for being prepared.

The multiple attacks seemed designed to attract the French police to one location, thus giving the other attackers time/space to operate in. Note that stadium security worked (at the cost of the lives of several of the members of the security force).

So, don’t think that a single event/attack is the only one, or even the main one---it may only be a diversion. Be prepared for a follow-up attack on the first responders (and other running to help) and/or other targets.

By all reports, the other targets were more or less ordinary “every day” establishments, not famous or tourist places. They apparently were simply popular local establishments for the local citizens.

This suggests to me that there was deliberate attempt to send the message to people that they are not safe in their home/neighborhood, and that the police can’t protect them. Thus, while trying to avoid large public events like the stadium is a very reasonable protective measure, it is incomplete: you can be or are still are a target at the local shopping mall, little league game etc. The message/fear they want to instill is that nowhere is safe. Largely, they are right. They can attack anywhere at any time. That is hard to defend against. So be as prepared at the mall as the big game.

Finally, they want to provoke overreactions against the local Muslim communities. They believe that this will polarize people and drive more recruits into their ranks. Try not to help them recruit new members.

Just a few of my thoughts. Plan, prepare, but don't let fear take over your life. I have friends in D.C. that are really getting upset about the announcements that D.C. is next. My reaction to them is that nothing has changed---D.C. has always been a target. Used to be nukes were the big worry, now it is guys with vest bombs and AKs.