Originally Posted By: ireckon

That's also a reflection of you and/or environement. I carry various types of bags. One is a MaxP. Another is a small leather bag that looks as non-tactical as possible without looking like a woman's purse.

In California, I am not unusual looking. I have been carrying a man bag for years, and I have asked various people. Everybody assumes I just have a lot of stuff to carry. However, when my family visits from Lousiana or Texas, they immediately ask if I'm packing. It doesn't matter what bag it is.

Anyway, going without a man bag is just super inconvenient for me at this point. I don't know how other guys do it, unless they enjoy wearing baggy, frumpy clothing with lots of pockets. I personally prefer my clothes to fit well on my body.

That's kind of the point of greyman. Don't stick out in a particular environment. Certain patterns and styles of clothing and gear only blend if they're part of a limited demographic. I.e. Tactical stands out unless you're a teenager or active or ex-military. A leather messenger bag/satchel is a non-entity unless it's distinctive (i.e. Ferrari red) in some other way.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane