To lighten the load a bit - consider ditching the bug spray in favor of a good bug net. It works great with wide brimmed hat, weights nothing. I'm wearing mine in a ring around the hat's crown. The net in folded bandanna is wrapped around 2 coils of steel wire, which is fixed to my head size by 2 pieces of duct tape. Tight paracord wrap around the entire thing makes it about a pinky finger thick soft to touch ring. 3 safety pins holds it in place when the ring is not engaged in keeping the hat on the head in strong wind (I hate the underchin strap). Also, a thinner piece of sleeved steel wire is in my hat's brim. In addition to its utility value, it keeps the brim rigid and allows to transform the hat to many styles (i.e. cover the ears).

Surely that decision depends on your clothing. I'm always hiking in long pants and long sleeved shirt (nylon) - quite unusual for California, but extremely practical smile

In the camel back's compartment I'm also keeping the Sawyer water filter along with its collapsible bottle. It's small and lightweight.

Petzl e+Light (with the belt pouch, wide head band, and its tiny whistle clamp) is my choice of headlamp (ultra compact, long lasting, and promotes natural night vision). By the way, there is a hat clamp available for the Photon light.

For the cordage, I'm always carrying about 50' hank of 1/8" Amsteel Blue - ready to deploy in emergency (spliced with climbing carabiner attached). Planning to replace my leather belt with a paracord one.

A large fixed knife is always good to have in the wild. Kindling, shelter, digging... In my camelback pack I'm keeping the narrow model Cold Steel Bushman with a diamond sharpener and a firesteel rod in the handle - very reliable thing.