I have watched this show since the first episode and overall found it a bit better then similar reality shows. Make no doubt though, the location where this was filmed, is rugged and unforgiving and would severely test any person if he/she ever found themselves in a real survival situation.

As this west coast type of environment is home to me, it was easy to readily identify the many mistakes that the participants made. That said, all of the chosen participants are from the mid to eastern Canada and USA regions so as not to give anyone of them an advantage in this environment. To give the participants some credit, I would probably make many mistakes if I had to survival in their eastern environs...

On another forum that I read, one of the members there was involved in supplying the boat and transportation logistics for the series participants and production company. The below is some background info on the series that he has provided to date.

- Filmed in November 2014 on Vancouver Island near Quastino Sound and Winter Harbour

- All locations were boat access only.

- All locations where the participants were placed were pre-scouted in September to ensure a nearby water (fresh or salt water) and food source.

- Each participants picked a number out of a hat to determine their location.

- The production company provided a survival expert to first make sure they all had the basics to survive.

- As the participants quit and were picked up by the recovery crew, none knew if they were the 1st, 4th, 7th etc participant left. Only the last person left was told.

- A lot of the location background footage was filmed before the participants arrived in order for the participants have minimal contact with the production company.

- Each participant was supplied with cameras, batteries, SD cards etc which were at the respective locations before the participants arrived.

- Once per week, the participants were visited and checked by the executive producer, a camera tech and a medic for no more then 20 minutes per visit.

- Possible 2nd season for the show depending TV viewership results.

John Lubbock