Originally Posted By: Blast
A dozen of these would be really useful by medical personal helping out in remote, poor locations. They might also be worth keeping a few on hand if you're in areas prone to earthquakes or wildfires. Imagine your popularity handing a few of these out at some emergency shelter to some senior citizen or child who lost/forgot their glasses in the rush to escape.
-Blast

This is what I was getting at. I am a fan of Zenni Optical and atm I have ten spare pairs of glasses! So I'm not worried about backups for me. I'm thinking more of emergency preps for groups and stuff. For example, my brother is a cheapskate that will drop $500 on a new Xbox in a heartbeat but hasn't been to the eye doctor in 10 years, and he won't buy spare glasses. Something like this could be a trip saver if not an actual life saver. If they work well it seems like an inexpensive and useful addition to one's preps, especially if you anticipate having to assist other folks.