This is a much more robust and much less portable cooking setup, though still quite useful for backyard or car camping use. This is a design that is a bit dated now, as it used firebrick liner rather than chambered vermiculite. The vermiculite reduced the weight considerably and improved the efficiency over the firebrick slightly. There are other improvements as well, but I've had this Stovetec for a while and finally got to use it.

It probably weighs in at 20 lbs. The deluxe model has a better cast iron top, is lined with firebrick and steel tube, and has a draft door beneath the feed door, with a cast iron grate in between. It also has a small welded wire stand for keeping the sticks at level with the feed port. The idea is to build a small fire inside the stove (again, I used twigs and birch bark to initiate a burn). You can feed up to two inch diameter sticks through the feed port, and they do not need to be any particular length since the feed port allows longer pieces to simply be pushed in as the end inside the burn chamber is consumed. This stove works fairly well with charcoal and makes the draft door at the bottom less superfluous.

As before, I used splintered birch wood from a tree in the backyard as my fuel source. With a good fire established, it was not a problem to keep it going, although as with the solostove, feeding the sticks in did tend to generate smoke and soot, but not nearly as much. I decided to cook up 5 quarts of chili mac in a cast iron pot. The little stove worked just fine, browning up the ground beef, and simmering the mix for a good twenty minutes on about 5 lbs of fuel. The result was dinner. The bottom of my pot was sooted, but thanks to being well seasoned cast iron, it cleaned up pretty easily.

I expect this stove, in ideal operation, would boil 3 liters of water in 5 minutes once a fire is well established. It fits nicely inside a 5 gallon plastic bucket. It seems pretty robust, but I would not recommend dropping it as the firebrick probably won't hold up to the shock well. The newer version with the vermiculite would fare better.