The Reasonably Rare Outbreak is On! Across at least Much of the U.S. Northeast. The 17 Year Cicadas, or as some would say, Locusts!

Ugly, Noisy Critter!

But it just Might Be a Beautiful Food Source!

So thats What I Want to Ask and Inquire About here! Does Anybody Know of it's Edibility? Or even Possible Non-Edibility? What would be some Good Ways of Gathering / Trapping / and Collecting Them? Of Preserving Them?

(Mold, I Imagine could Start Growing on Them! If One Isn't Watchful, Nor Does What it Takes to Prevent That! Even if the Cicada Itself might be Edible, the Mold and Certainly Any Rot, Might Well Not Be!)

Does Anyone Know Anything of Preparing Them? Of Cooking and Eating Them?

They just Might be a Good, Edible, Easily Obtainable at this Time, Source of Survival Food!

I Have just now Remembered Seeing a Report the Other Day, of Someone Who Does Know How to Prepare and Eat Them. So They Have to be at Least in Some Way Edible.

I would be Very Interested in Knowing! So if Anyone Knows Anything on This!, -Please Do Feel Free to Enlighten me!

(Grasshoppers Too Abound here in my Area's Late Summers. I Think I've Heard Positive Things about Their Edibility too!) [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]