Originally Posted By: Treeseeker
I looked at the Survival tabs and it is a little confusing.

One serving (12 tabs) supplies 100% of most of your daily requirement of minerals and vitamins. Good.

One serving supplies 10% of your daily value of carbs. Hmm, so you need 10 servings per day to get 100% of your daily value. That would 120 tabs or 2/3 of a bottle. They claim you only need one serving per day.

I think I would still be very hungry.

Oh, and they are $39.95 a bottle.

A person can live off 12 survival tabs per day _only_ (plus water of course). A member of our forum has confirmed once that he was experimenting with them for at least a month for sure (or more, don't remember). I trust him, even though I have personally tried them only for 1 weekend (ate 22 tabs) on the trail and felt perfectly well, even though psychologically it was definitely perceived like almost nothing. But we are talking survival situation, not a 3 rounds dinner.

The price is still very reasonable, considering the abundance of benefits compared to any option discussed above. I've got 3 of mine for just $25 shipped a while ago, and another 3 for $32 shipped this January, when noticed they are going up and will be replaced soon. Consider 15 days of proven healthy nutrition provided - that's just $2.66 a day - way cheaper than any of the options discussed above.

For the effect on the stomach. I'm sure it will shrink after 3-4 months of living on tabs only, but nothing fatal will happen in 15 days if there are no any unhealthy preconditions (I do have gastritis when skipping the meal time, but that's easily managed by Tums). In fact, I'm more skeptical at the attempts to invent a really balanced survival food out of grocery store offerings smile The professionally made tabs already solved that issue the best possible way. For the filling - just drink more water no earlier than 30 minutes after the tabs.